Winter skin can really get you down. While some of the guys out there can protect their necks and rosy checks with a thick beard, us ladies are NOT so lucky! And because redness, inflammation and rosacea can all hit harder during the winter months (and especially out there on the mountain) Mountain Weekly is here to help.
A healthy glow is good for your complexion and attractive on the skin but when the temperatures drop and then you factor in wind chill, you may notice that your skin is even MORE sensitive than it is during other times – and you’re right!
Here are our top 5 picks for protecting your sensitive winter skin this year:
- Beeyoutiful Milk & Honey Facial Bar. Prevention is an important part of retaining moisture and keeping away the inflammation that leads to those overly rosy cheeks, and a downright red t-section. Ok Ok… so here’s a great pick for a gentle cleansing bar that not only helps prevent TEWL (transepidermal water loss) but also takes you to the land of milk and honey! Raw ingredients in this facial cleanse include: Goats Milk, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Honey, Bee Pollen, Bee Propolis and Essential Oils.
- Better Botanicals Balancing Moisturizer. My favorite Earthy scent is Sandalwood and this lightweight hydrator contains more than just this grounding essential oil. Add in the power of aloe vera, honey, and basil extracts and you’ve got a lightweight moisturizer that keeps skin cells supple and strong, not to mention that it acts as a cleansing skin toner too!
- Joshua Tree Sun Protection. UVA and UVB rays can damage healthy cells and leave you with tight, red and irritated skin. Joshua Tree’s organic sun protection line includes non-toxic sunscreen, after sun lotions, sunsticks and body butters. Ingredients include lavender and other essential oils, calendula, cocoa butter and zinc.
- Fur-Ever Young ™ Age Defense Serum. It’s never too early or too late to start protecting your skin against free radicals. This serum is SUPER nutritious for the skin to defend against premature aging and moisture loss with ingredients specifically selected to reduce redness while soothing existing irritation. This company is also 100% cruelty-free, vegan AND donates a portion of all proceeds to animal welfare. Couple this serum with a hydrating facial mist… and don’t forget a lip balm!
- Phunkshun Facemasks. These masks are eco-friendly and face friendly too! Take them along with you on the mountain, or just out ‘n about in cold temperatures… you’ll need their protection from the elements that strip essential moisture from your skin causing redness, irritation, inflammation and damage. Not into a mask? They make infinity scarfs! Keep it funky.
If you feel like your skin takes a beating during the windy winter months you aren’t imagining things! The cold weather and accompanying elements really put your skin through the ringer making it more prone to damage – so take care this year and pick up our top 5 picks for healthy & strong winter skin!