Warrior III Yoga Pose Instructions
Balance is the most vital aspect to address for surfing. The Airplane Yopga pose helps to improve balance and also helps to increase flexibility in shoulders and hips so you can move more fluidly on your board.
1. Begin in mountain pose. Imagine roots growing from your feet, deep into the earth.
2. Find a fixed focal point ahead (drishti) as you take hands to hips and begin to raise the right leg.
3. Hinge at the waist as you begin to lower the torso and raise the right leg higher.
4. Work on bringing torso, arms, and right leg parallel to the ground. Breathe into the full extension of Warrior III, reaching strongly forward with fingertips and back with the sole of your raised foot.
5. An easier option is airplane. For this, branch your arms out to the sides and fly. Breathe into the expansiveness in your heart region.