It is technically called the Eddie Bauer IgniteLite Reversible Pullover, but we called it the “lifestyle piece.” Last weekend a group of friends and I headed up to New Hampshire’s White Mountains to hike the infamous Tuckerman’s Ravine, bike the infamous Kancamangus Highway, and to celebrate the first signs of spring in the snowy northeast.
Eddie Bauer Ignitelite Jacket Review
So why did the Eddie Bauer Men’s IgniteLite Reversible Jacket get dubbed the “lifestyle piece” because it perfectly fits our lifestyle? Firstly, IgniteLite is extremely packable. You can literally stuff it into your pocket. Imagine a magician tugging out a string of silk napkins that wouldn’t otherwise fit into his hat, well the IgniteLite sort of feels the same way.
On the bike, I used the high-viz blue side. Against the grey pavement and endless backdrop of conifers, the blue side billowed in the wind and stuck out like a mustard stain on a white dress shirt. Upon Tucks, the low pro black side kept me nice and toasty as it absorbed the suns rays.
In the early mornings I wore the “lifestyle piece” around the cabin, and in the evenings it was the perfect layer to head out and chop some wood. It is the perfect springtime outer layer or winter mid-layer! I give the Eddie Bauer IngniteLite Jacket ($99) a 10/10!
Here are the technical specs and notable features:
• LIGHTWEIGHT, WINDPROOF SHELL AND LINING–Durable, 1oz 20D Pertex® ripstop nylon!
• STORMREPEL® DWR FINISH—Repels moisture and morning dew!
• 60G PRIMALOFT® GOLD INSULATION–Keeps you warm even in wet conditions!
• REVERSIBLE DESIGN–Switch from low-profile to high-visibility color!
• TWO POCKET–A chest and a marsupial pass through (but only on one side).
• DRAWCORD WAIST & ELASTIC CUFFS–To keep in the warmth.
• 100% Nylon
• AVERAGE WEIGHT–10.24oz
• MACHINE WASH–which makes washing really easy!